This is seventh cause of bad breath - Halitosis or bad breath is a common problem that is often experienced by many people, and sometimes regarded as something shameful. During this oral hygiene area is less attention, thus triggering the development of various diseases such as caries, gingivitis, tartar until bad breath.
Want to know what can trigger bad breath? Here are 7 (seven) the most common cause your breath smell:
1. Stacking food: piling leftovers mouthfeel is the most common cause of bad breath. Food particles are transformed into the anaerobic bacteria producing bad breath like rotten eggs.
2. Tooth decay: Tooth decay (caries) by bacteria are the main agents that cause bad breath. Rotten teeth that can lead to demineralization causing halitosis (bad breath).
3. Dry mouth (Xerostomia): Saliva has many antibacterial content. When there is a reduction or even none at all saliva in the oral cavity, this can lead to a buildup of plaque that helped the growth of bacteria that cause bad breath.
4. Gum disease: Gum disease and periodontal disease is an important causative agent of bad breath.
5. Smoking: In addition to damaging health, smoking habits can also lead to bad breath. This is caused due to an accumulation of nicotine, tar and foul-smelling substances other in the oral cavity.
6. Super-strict diet: Apart from other hazards that may affect health, severe dieting can also cause bad breath caused by ketoacidosis due to prolonged starvation.
7. Sources from outside the mouth: In addition to the damage to the teeth and gums, cause bad breath can also come from outside, such as respiratory tract infections, diabetes and kidney dysfunction.