Benefits of Galangal as Medicine - Galangal or laos (Alpinia galanga) is a type of plant tubers that can live in the highlands and lowlands. In Indonesia, this plant is found, and is usually used as a seasoning mixture.
But you know, that turned out to have the benefits of ginger as a medicine? Plants belonging to the family of this rhizome has apparently been widely used by experts and health professionals as a homeopathic drug. Want to know what benefits you can get from this ginger-like plant?
Here are the explanation about galangal as quoted from Times of India:
- Galangal contains anti-inflammatory and therefore useful in the treatment of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (rheumatoid arthritis).
- Helps relieve the discomfort caused due to inflammation of the stomach or ulcers.
- To prevent seasickness and nausea, you can chew some slices of fresh ginger. This method can be trusted to effectively stop feeling like throwing up.
- Galangal contains a number of anti-oxidants that help minimize the damage caused by free radicals and other toxins in the body.
- To improve blood circulation in the body, you can insert galangal in the daily diet. Smooth blood circulation in the end contribute to keep the heart healthy.
- If you suffer from diarrhea, chew some slices of fresh ginger as a treatment alternative.
- Galangal contains many important compounds required by humans such as iron, sodium, vitamins A and C, flavonoids and phytonutrients.