Author of Natural Prescriptions for Common Ailments, Dr. Carolyn Dean, said that bitter foods such as spinach and mustard greens are very good to wash the liver. Bitter herbs that help stimulate the flow of bile in the liver.
Also recommended increase intake of fruits, legumes, and omega-3 fatty acids to assist fat metabolism and reduces the production of triglycerides.
Very easy to get Food for Liver Health
1. Onion. Contain sulfur which helped sweep the various toxic substances such as chemical drugs, alcohol, pesticides, and other environmental pollutants.
2. Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts. The content of vitamin K was necessary for the detoxification process.
3. Artichoke. These vegetables contain caffeoylquinat acid that can protect as well as regenerate the liver. Artichoke also increase bile production.
4. Legumes such as beans, peas, soybeans. Contain the necessary amino acid arginine in the detoxification of ammonia, the waste product of protein digestion.
5. Bran, oat bran, or brown rice. as well as pears and apples. This water-soluble fiber helps the liver remove cholesterol and bile when you eat greasy food.
6. Turmeric. Cooking spice contains curcumin which has traditionally been used as a remedy for liver disorders.
7. Bit is a good tonic and blood purifier capable of absorbing heavy metals.
8. Protein foods from Tofu, fish, and organic chicken will maintain the growth of body tissues and prevent the formation of fatty liver.
9. Food sources of antioxidants. Studies conducted at the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Tuffs University found that most antioxidant-rich fruits are blueberries, strawberries, black berries, raspberries, oranges, melons, apples, pears, plums, and grape fruit.
These issues also need attention:
a. Cook vegetables by steaming or pan-fried.
b. Avoid saturated fats and trans fats.
c. Do not over-consume alcohol, to avoid the occurrence of fatty liver.
d. Avoid consumption of aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, antibiotics, muscle relaxant, an antidepressant, caffeine, cigarette toxins, etc. because it can overload the liver and injured liver.
e. Consumption of excessive vitamin A supplements can overload the liver.
f. Be careful taking herbs such as kava and komfre, because if it does not fit the rules could interfere with liver function.